Terms & Conditions
Terms & ConditionsThese Terms & Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and CiRide Inc. (“CiRide”, “we”, “us” or “our”) governing your use of the CiRide application, website, and technology Operating System (collectively, the “CiRide Operating System”).
This agreement contains provisions that govern how claims you and CiRide have against each other can be brought (). These provisions will, with limited exception, require you to submit claims you have against CiRide to binding and final arbitration on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class, group or representative action or proceeding. As a driver, you have an opportunity to opt out of arbitration with respect to certain claims as provided in section 19.
By entering into this agreement, you expressly acknowledge that you understand this agreement (including the dispute resolution and arbitration provisions section 19) and accept all its terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement, you may not use or access the CiRide Operating System.
Fares. There are two types of fares, variable and quoted.
- . Variable fares consist of a base charge and incremental charges based on the duration and distance of your ride. For particularly short rides, minimum fares may apply. Please note that we use GPS data from your Driver’s phone to calculate the distance traveled on your ride. We cannot guarantee the availability or accuracy of GPS data. If we lose signal, we will calculate time and distance using available data from your ride.
- . In some cases, CiRide may quote you a Fare at the time of your request. The quote is subject to change until the Ride request is confirmed. If during your ride you change your destination, make multiple stops, or attempt to abuse the CiRide Operating System, we may cancel the fare quote and charge you a variable fare based on the time and distance of your ride. CiRide does not guarantee that the quoted fare price will be equal to a variable fare for the same ride.
- . Fares may be subject to a multiplier at times of high demand of the Services (“Rush Hour Fare”) as determined by CiRide. For all rides with a variable fare, we will use reasonable efforts to inform you of any Rush Hour multipliers in effect at the time of your request. For quoted fares we may factor in the Rush Hour multiplier into the quoted price of the ride. Any Rush Hour charges shall be considered part of the Fare.
- . CiRide may assess a per-ride “Service Fee” to support the CiRide Operating System and related services provided to you by CiRide. The amount of the Service Fee may vary but shall be retained by CiRide in its entirety.
- . After requesting a ride, you may cancel it through the app, but note that in certain cases a cancellation fee may apply. You may also be charged if you fail to show up after requesting a ride. Please check out our Customer Support to learn more about , including applicable fees. Collected cancellation fees will be passed in their entirety to the Driver who had accepted your ride request.
- . If a Driver reports that you have materially damaged the Driver's vehicle, you agree to pay a “Damage Fee” of up to $250 depending on the extent of the damage (as determined by CiRide in its sole discretion), towards vehicle repair or cleaning. CiRide reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing the Damage Fee. Collected Damage Fees will be passed in their entirety to the Driver whose car was damaged.
- . In some instances, tolls (or return tolls) may apply to your ride. Please see our Customer Support and your market’s CiRide Cities page for and a list of applicable . We do not guarantee that the amount charged by CiRide will match the toll charged to the Driver, if any. The amount of collected tolls (and return tolls) will be passed in their entirety to the Driver who provided your ride.
- . Other fee and surcharges may apply to your ride, including actual or anticipated airport fees, state or local fees, event fees as determined by CiRide or its marketing partners, and processing fees for split payments. In addition, where required by law CiRide will collect applicable taxes. These other charges are not shared with your Driver unless expressly stated otherwise. See your market’s CiRide Cities page for details on other Charges that may apply to your ride.
- . Following a ride, you may elect to tip your Driver in cash or through the CiRide application. Any tips will be provided entirely to the applicable Driver.
- . All Charges are facilitated through a third-party payment processing service. CiRide may replace its third-party payment processing services without notice to you. Charges shall only be made through the CiRide Operating System. Except for tips, cash payments are strictly prohibited.
- . All Charges are non-refundable. This no-refund policy shall apply always regardless of your decision to terminate usage of the CiRide Operating System, any disruption to the CiRide Operating System or Services, or any other reason whatsoever.
- . You may receive credits ("CiRide Credits") or Ride discounts ("Ride Discounts") that you can apply toward payment of certain Charges upon completion of a Ride. CiRide Credits and Ride Discounts are only valid for use on the CiRide Operating System and are not transferable or redeemable for cash except as required by law. CiRide Credits and Ride Discounts cannot be combined, and if the cost of your ride exceeds the applicable credit or discount value we will charge your payment method on file for the outstanding cost of the Ride. Ride Discounts only apply to the Fare, not the Service Fee or other charges. If you split payment for a Ride with another User, your CiRide Credits or Ride Discount will only apply to your portion of the Charges. Additional restrictions on CiRide Credits and Ride Discounts may apply as communicated to you in a relevant promotion or by clicking on the relevant CiRide Credit or Ride Discount within the Payments section of the CiRide App.
- . Upon addition of a new payment method or each ride request, CiRide may seek authorization of your selected payment method to verify the payment method, ensure the ride cost will be covered, and protect against unauthorized behavior. The authorization is not a charge; however, it may reduce your available credit by the authorization amount until your bank’s next processing cycle. Should the amount of our authorization exceed the total funds on deposit in your account, you may be subject to overdraft of NSF charges by the bank issuing your debit or check card. We cannot be held responsible for these charges and are unable to assist you in recovering them from your issuing bank. Check out our Customer Support to learn more about our use of .
- If you are a Driver, you will receive payment for your provision of Services. All Fare payments are subject to a CiRide Commission, discussed below. You will also receive any tips provided by Riders to you, and tips will not be subject to any CiRide Commission. CiRide will process all payments due to you through its third-party payments processor. You acknowledge and agree that such amounts shall not include any interest and will be net of any amounts that we are required to withhold by law.
- . In exchange for permitting you to offer your Services through the CiRide Operating System and marketplace as a Driver, you agree to pay CiRide (and permit CiRide to retain) a fee based on each transaction in which you provide Services (the “Commission”). The amount of the applicable Commission will be communicated to you in a Commission schedule through the Driver portal. CiRide reserves the right to change the Commission at any time in CiRide’s discretion based upon local market factors, and CiRide will provide you with notice in the event of such change. Continued use of the CiRide Operating System after any such change in the Commission calculation shall constitute your consent to such change.
- . You expressly authorize CiRide to set the prices on your behalf for all Charges that apply to the provision of Services. CiRide reserves the right to change the Fare schedule at any time in our discretion based upon local market factors, and we will provide you with notice in the event of changes to the base fare, per mile, and/or per minute amounts that would result in a change in the applicable Fares. Charges may be subject to maximum limits as set forth in your market’s CiRide Cities page or the CiRide Customer Support.
- . CiRide reserves the right to adjust or withhold all or a portion of Fares if it believes that (i) you have attempted to defraud or abuse CiRide or CiRide’s payment systems, (ii) to resolve a Rider complaint (e.g., you took an inefficient route or failed to properly end a particular instance of Services in the CiRide application when the ride was over). CiRide’s decision to adjust or withhold the Fare in any way shall be exercised in a reasonable manner.
If you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you can unsubscribe from our promotional email list by following the unsubscribe options in the promotional email itself. If you wish to opt out of promotional calls or texts, you may text “end” to 21000 from the mobile device receiving the messages. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional texts or calls as a condition of using the CiRide platform or related services. If you wish to opt out of all texts or calls from CiRide (including operational or transactional texts or calls), you can text the word “stop all” to 21000 from the mobile device receiving the messages. However, you acknowledge that opting out of receiving all CiRide business communications may impact your use of the CiRide Operating System or the services.
As part of your User account, CiRide may provide you with or allow you to create a “CiRide Code,” a unique alphanumeric code for you to distribute to friends, family, and other persons (each a “Referred User”) to become new CiRide Riders (“Referred Riders”) or Drivers (“Referred Drivers”). CiRide Codes may only be distributed for promotional purposes and must be given away free of charge. You may not sell, trade, or barter your CiRide Code. You are prohibited from advertising CiRide Codes, including but not limited to: Google, Facebook, Twitter, Bing and Craigslist. CiRide reserves the right to deactivate or invalidate any CiRide Code at any time in CiRide’s discretion.
From time to time, CiRide may offer you with incentives to refer new Users to the CiRide community (the “Referral Program”). These incentives may come in the form of CiRide Credits, and CiRide may set or change the incentive types, amounts, terms, restrictions, and qualification requirements for any incentives in its sole discretion. Your distribution of CiRide Codes and participation in the Referral Program is subject to this Agreement and the additional .
- impersonate any person or entity;
- stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person, or carry any weapons;
- violate any law, statute, rule, permit, ordinance, or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or the CiRide Operating System or the servers or networks connected to the CiRide Operating System;
- post Information or interact on the CiRide Operating System or Services in a manner which is false, inaccurate, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information), defamatory, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, or illegal;
- use the CiRide Operating System in any way that infringes any third party’s rights, including but not limited to: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the CiRide Operating System.
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the CiRide Operating System, without our prior written authorization or use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to us to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose; or
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, or otherwise disassemble any portion of the CiRide Operating System or any software used on or for the CiRide Operating System;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, license, or sublicense the CiRide Operating System or access to any portion of the CiRide Operating System;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the CiRide Operating System or its contents;
- link directly or indirectly to any other web sites;
- transfer or sell your User account, password and/or identification to any other party
- discriminate against or harass anyone based on race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, or sexual orientation, or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above
- You possess a valid driver’s license and are authorized and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle and have all appropriate licenses, approvals, and authority to provide transportation to Riders in all jurisdictions in which you provide Services.
- You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will not engage in reckless behavior while driving, drive unsafely, operate a vehicle that is unsafe to drive, be involved in a motor vehicle accident or collision of any kind, permit an unauthorized third party to accompany you in the vehicle while providing Services, provide Services as a Driver while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or take action that harms or threatens to harm the safety of the CiRide community or third parties.
- You will only provide Services using the vehicle that has been reported to, and approved by CiRide, and for which a photograph has been provided to CiRide, and you will not transport more passengers than can securely be seated in such vehicle (and no more than seven (7) passengers in any instance).
- You will not make any misrepresentation regarding CiRide, the CiRide Operating System, the Services or your status as a Driver.
- You will not, while providing the Services, operate as a public carrier or taxi service, accept street hails, charge for rides (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), demand that a rider pay in cash, or use a credit card reader, such as a Square Reader, to accept payment or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with your obligations under this Agreement.
- You will not attempt to defraud CiRide or Riders on the CiRide Operating System or in connection with your provision of Services. If we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity we may withhold applicable Fares or other payments for the ride(s) in question.
- You will make , as required by law
- You agree that we may obtain information about you, including your criminal and driving records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of the Agreement.
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) that names or schedules you for the operation of the vehicle you use to provide Services.
- You will pay all applicable federal, state, and local taxes based on your provision of Services and any payments received by you.
CiRide and other CiRide logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of CiRide in the United States and/or other countries (collectively, the “CiRide Marks”). If you provide Services as a Driver, CiRide grants to you, during the term of this Agreement, and subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to display and use the CiRide Marks solely in connection with providing the Services through the CiRide Operating System (“License”). The License is non-transferable and non-assignable, and you shall not grant to any third party any right, permission, license, or sublicense with respect to any of the rights granted hereunder without CiRide’s prior written permission, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. The CiRide Marks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
You acknowledge that CiRide is the owner and licensor of the CiRide Marks, including all goodwill associated therewith, and that your use of the CiRide Marks will confer no additional interest in or ownership of the CiRide Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of CiRide. You agree to use the CiRide Marks strictly in accordance with CiRide’s Trademark Usage Guidelines, as may be provided to you and revised from time to time, and to immediately cease any use that CiRide determines to nonconforming or otherwise unacceptable.
You agree that you will not: (1) create any materials that incorporate the CiRide Marks or any derivatives of the CiRide Marks other than as expressly approved by CiRide in writing; (2) use the CiRide Marks in any way that tends to impair their validity as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade dress, or use the CiRide Marks other than in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions herein; (3) take any other action that would jeopardize or impair CiRide’s rights as owner of the CiRide Marks or the legality and/or enforceability of the CiRide Marks, including, without limitation, challenging or opposing CiRide’s ownership in the CiRide Marks; (4) apply for trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration of any of the CiRide Marks, any derivative of the CiRide Marks, any combination of the CiRide Marks and any other name, or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol or word which is similar to the CiRide Marks; (5) use the CiRide Marks on or in connection with any product, service or activity that is in violation of any law, statute, government regulation or standard.
Violation of any provision of this License may result in immediate termination of the License, in CiRide’s sole discretion. If you create any materials bearing the CiRide Marks (in violation of this Agreement or otherwise), you agree that upon their creation CiRide exclusively owns all right, title, and interest in and to such materials, including without limitation any modifications to the CiRide Marks or derivative works based on the CiRide Marks. You further agree to assign any interest or right you may have in such materials to CiRide, and to provide information and execute any documents as reasonably requested by CiRide to enable CiRide to formalize such assignment.
CiRide respects the intellectual property of others and expects Users to do the same. If you believe, in good faith, that any materials on the CiRide Operating System or Services infringe upon your copyrights, please visit for information on how to make a copyright complaint.
CiRide does not provide transportation services, and CiRide is not a transportation carrier. It is up to the Driver to decide whether to offer a ride to a Rider contacted through the CiRide Operating System, and it is up to the Rider to decide whether to accept a ride from any Driver contacted through the CiRide Operating System. We cannot ensure that a Driver or Rider will complete an arranged transportation service. We have no control over the quality or safety of the transportation that occurs because of the Services.